When we think about the everyday things that we can recycle, for most of us, things like cans, bottles and cardboard boxes will spring to mind. However, did you know, that you can in fact recycle your used toner cartridges?
On average, an empty toner cartridge can be remanufactured and used a further six times; which could save us from producing tonnes of unnecessary emissions, and not forgetting reducing the amount of plastic that ends up in our oceans by a substantial amount.
Why should we all try to recycle our toners?
If reducing plastic waste wasn’t enough of a reason, here’s six more reasons why we should all be recycling our toner cartridges;
– Landfilling used toner cartridges will lead to water and air pollution due to the emissions caused by them getting there and decomposing.
– Greenpeace estimates that 12 million tonnes of plastic go into the ocean each year. Shockingly, that’s the equivalent to a truck full of plastic going into the ocean every minute.
– Manufacturing brand new toner cartridges will deplete our natural resources like oil, petroleum, timber, minerals and water.
– It takes 2.5 ounces of oil to produce just one new ink cartridge – while it does consume energy transporting remanufactured ink cartridges, it’s much less than the energy and resources required to produce brand new ones.
– Over 45 Million ink cartridges are used in the UK every year and it is estimated that less than 5% of those are actually being recycled.
– Cartridges are not easily degradable; in fact it can take between 450 and 1,000 years to fully decompose.
So, what can we do to help?
Recycling your empty toner cartridges is an easy way to help reduce the effects on the environment and cut down unnecessary waste.
By doing so, we can reduce air and water pollution associated with landfilling, helping to save energy, and conserve natural resources such as oil.
Whether you’re a small business, large corporation, school, college or homeowner, you can easily contribute by recycling your used toner cartridges.
How is Control Print helping?
Following several requests from our customers, and after much research, we have decided to start offering a recycling service for empty toner cartridges.
We opted to partner with a company who were fully environmentally friendly and were able to provide us with certification to demonstrate CO2e savings statistics – to put both our (and your) minds at rest, as to where our cartridges are ending up.
What will the service include?
You will be provided with a supply of empty boxes to store your used toner cartridges in. The boxes will then be collected on an ad-hoc basis, once they are full.
Did you know just 10 shoe-sized boxes full of empty toner cartridges can prevent 60kg of waste ending up in our landfills and oceans?
Interested in adding this service?
If you’re an existing customer of ours and you are interested in adding this service to your current contract with us, get in touch with your Account Manager who will send you a form to complete to set up the recycling service.