With so many printers on the market, each with unique features and capabilities, choosing an office printer can be daunting.
This blog post outlines the steps to help you choose the best printer for your SME.
Evaluate Your Printing Needs
There are several factors you should consider when looking for a new office printer:
- Speed: Determine how quickly you need to print your documents. If you need fast printing, look for a printer with a high pages-per-minute (PPM) rating.
- Connectivity: Consider how you’ll connect to the printer. A printer with wireless printing capabilities might be a good choice if you need to print from multiple devices.
- Paper handling: Make sure the printer can handle the types and sizes of paper you need to print on.
- Quality: Consider the quality of the printer’s output. If you need high-quality printing, you may need a printer with higher resolutions or advanced features such as colour accuracy.
- Features: Consider additional features like scanning, copying, or booklet folding/stapling capabilities.
- Document type: A colour printer might be a good choice if you need to print many colour documents. A monochrome printer will be sufficient if you only need to print black-and-white documents.
When searching for a new printer, you may notice hundreds of cheaper options out there. However, with some research, you will find that the consumables for these devices are often quite expensive. It’s crucial to consider not only the printer’s initial price but also the ongoing running costs.
Have You Considered Leasing Your Next Office Printer?
Have you considered leasing your next office printer? Printer leasing is an excellent option for businesses looking for high-quality printing capabilities without the initial outlay. Leasing an office printer has several additional benefits, including:
- Leasing allows you to acquire a higher-end printer that may have been outside your budget if you purchased it outright.
- Leasing allows you to pay for the printer over a set period, typically a few years, through regular payments.
- Leasing may benefit your business, as lease payments may be tax-deductible.
- Leasing typically includes maintenance and support from the provider, which can help reduce maintenance costs and ensure that your printer is always in good working order.
It’s essential to research and compare prices and features of different printers before purchasing to ensure you are getting the best value for your money. By considering these factors, you can choose a printer that meets the needs of your SME and provides the best value for your money.
Need a hand choosing the right printer for your needs?
If you still need to decide which printer is suitable for your SME, you can speak to our friendly and professional printer experts here. Alternatively, we have a recommendation tool on our website, which you can find here.